NEWTOWN – Port Hawkesbury RCMP have laid charges in a fatal motor vehicle collision that occurred last October in Newtown.
On October 23, 2015, just before 3 a.m., Port Hawkesbury RCMP responded to a fatal single-vehicle motor vehicle collision in Newtown where a small pickup truck had lost control and struck a power pole. One of the passengers, a 19-year-old man from Port Hawkesbury, was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. The driver and another passenger were both injured and transported to hospital. Blood samples were also taken from the driver in order to determine his blood alcohol concentration.
As a result of an investigation, Port Hawkesbury RCMP have charged 21-year-old Scott Nicholas Lundrigan of Mulgrave with the following offences:
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
- Operating a vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) over 80 mg% Causing Death
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
- Operating a vehicle with a BAC over 80 mg% Causing Bodily Harm
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
Lundrigan is set to appear in Port Hawkesbury Provincial Court on May 30, 2016 to answer to the charges.